Sunday 19 October 2014

Faith over fear

Todays passage: Exodus 4:13-17
13 But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”
14 Then the Lord’s anger burned against Moses and he said, “What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and he will be glad to see you. 15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. 16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him. 17 But take this staff in your hand so you can perform the signs with it.”

I found that I could really relate to this passage and I thank God for showing me this. God is loving and this passage just shows that He can use anyone but the thing is that it is a necessity for you to have faith in God for Him to use you. Moses was not the best at speaking (and I am not either) but even when God gave Moses the power to perform wonderful miracles, Moses still doubted and lacked faith when God asked him to speak to the Egyptians. I am not hear to pick at Moses because I feel like this has been me many times because of a lack of faith and a heart of fear.
You see the thing is we have to let go of our feelings and our fears to be truly used by God none of us are perfect and if you are waiting to become confident or putting of God's fear until you are qualified you are wrong. When God speaks we must obey immediately and if we don't carry out a task that God has called us to do then someone else will have to do it in our place as we see God sent Aaron instead. But this doesn't come without consequences because every sin has its consequence which is death and being disobedient to God is sin however we have grace from God and forgiveness through Christ but we are NOT to take advantage of this grace because we will all be judged (see 2 Corinthians 5:10). But the difference with believers is they will have eternal life. The end will come (see Habbakuk 2:3-4).
God bless you
jaleen :)
For more info e-mail me at j.obilaso@live.co.uk 
and i think a very useful video for judgement is here click me

No comments:

Post a Comment